THIS PROGRAMME IS DESIGNED TO DEVELOP TEAM CULTURE
This team development programme will contribute to identifying and unfolding resources and potential in the individual. It will also increase robustness, creativity and performance of the team. In addition, it will develop the ability of the team to handle pressure and to reach goals together.
THE SELF DIRECTED TEAM
The value of a well functioning team is larger than the sum of the individual team members. Individual team members must feel comfortable operating in a secure and trustful atmosphere. It is equally important that each team member’s individual contribution is valuable and needed to complete joint tasks. The team becomes self directed when these conditions are present. The result is a team with increased capability to execute, meet deadlines and ensure quality. A self directed team is also characterised by higher engagement, creativity and innovation.
A SELF DIRECTED TEAM IS CHARACTERISED BY
- Relationships that are challenging, appreciative and supportive
- The team appreciates diversity
- Everyone feels that they contribute to the team
- The working atmosphere inspires authenticity and respectfulness
- The team energy is focussed on tasks and goals
- The team establishes a dynamic and inclusive culture
METHOD It is important to acknowledge that the well developed habits and behavioural patterns in a team also have consequences, and that this can obstruct the teams well being and development. The starting point is to identify and understand the potential that is locked in habits and behavioural patterns. Creating trust in the team increases curiosity to examine new ways of interacting.
WORKSHOP 1: EXCITEMENT AND FRUSTRATION
- What excites and what frustrates in daily work life
- Clarify development opportunities
- Define themes that stimulate inter personal development
WORKSHOP 2: Teams and collaboration
- What is a team
- What are the advantages of a self directing team and what makes it tick
- How can the team benefit from the resources of each individual team member
WORKSHOP 3: APPRECIATIVE COMMUNICATION AND FEED BACK
- Understand ways of communicating
- Appreciative communication
- Giving and receiving feed back
WORKSHOP 4: MEETING CULTURE
- What is a good meeting?
- Meeting norms and –communication
- Meeting leadership and –participation
WORKSHOP 5: CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND PREVENTION
- Understand motivation and behaviour
- How do conflicts initiate and how can they be prevented
- Tools to deal with conflicts
These workshops are examples of themes that could be relevant for team development. When designing this programme, the workshops will be customised and developed to fit the identified needs in the organisation. In addition to workshop participation, individual one to one coaching is of additional benefit to each participant. To prepare for this programme initial interviews are held with each participant in order to identify needs, wishes and goals.